About Me

My photo
Been knitting on and off for about 50 years, sporadically trying to crochet, just bought a lucet. More details about my knitting, crochet and tunisian crochet can be seen at https://www.ravelry.com/people/Rosebark for which you need to be a member, but this is free.

Sunday 12 June 2011

Beret


I have now made the hat/beret I said I was going to earlier.  The yarn is actually dark blue, not black (don't know what light I was looking at it in before).  I think it has turned out quite well.  It is about the right size for an average woman's head (or a volley ball, which is what I used to model it on for the photo!).  It has used about half of the cake of yarn and I am now trying to decide whether to make another beret the same, a different hat, or a pair of fingerless gloves to make a set.  Any ideas?  Anyone fancy buying this beret for about £8.00 (plus P&P - see note to left)?

2 comments:

  1. I love that beret! I always end up coveting cute hats but never owning any because I never look good in a hat. The yarn is really lovely too.
    Thanks for the pastry tip on my blog, by the way. Next time I make a pie (and who knows when that will be) I'll try using spelt flour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comment Emma.

    This beret has now found a home, but I could still do another similar one, should anyone want.

    ReplyDelete